Saturday, June 11, 2022

Trip to Gochang, Korea (November 2021)

 My travel with my mom continued to Gochang. This time, I invited my two sisters to join. We met up at Gwangju Songjung Station and Jimin rented a car. We drove to our lodging in Healing County in Gochang. Gochange is famous for its fortress, muddy beach, eels, raspberry, and ancient boulders (Go-in-dol). Before we checked in, we headed to visit the Go-in-dol Park.



My sisters are in their sixties, two years apart. I am so thankful that they get along so well. They always giggle, making all of us happy.








The Healing County is a lodging that offers several amenities, such as hot springs, heated stone treatment, and a walk-on-the-mud experience.





We visited a small garden where you get to see many flowers and plants. It was a little out of season, but our gathering was just delightful.















Another point of interest in this town is a mountain called Sun-Woon-San and a Buddhist temple, called Sun-Woon-Sa. My mother could not walk long due to her hip pain, but the mountain was colorful with changing colors of the tree leaves.







At the entrance to our losing facility was a small lake and a small park that had a few interesting wooden sculptures.




My sister found a place called Harry's Book Center. It was a former elementary school that has been converted to a library with some structures of interest. It would have been an attraction to young kids.














Gochang also has beaches, largely with clay mud. We stopped at one of the beaches to take a photo.





To get together and spend time with my mother and my sisters is always a great joy. After we spent three nights, we returned home, ending my 10-day trip with my mom as well. My mom said that it was the longest and the best trip that she has ever had in her life. Her kind remarks gave me an overflowing joy.  Jeffrey

No comments: