Friday, June 17, 2022

Back to the States, Dallas, Texas (April/May 2022)

Finally... after a long 7-month period of staying in Korea in several places, I was waiting to board a plane to return to the states. Although I had recovered substantially from the leg pain I suffered from the combination of my stenosis, piriformis, and muscle tightening, I was very conscious about not causing too much stress to any of the causes, let alone the COVID-19 threat.


After long hours of flight from Incheon to San Francisco via Vancouver, I landed safely and had a joyous get-together with Joyce and Kyle. We spent time talking about their new marriage life at a Chinese restaurant.



The following day, I was ready to depart SFO to Dallas, TX where my wife was cooking for Amanda and her family since Amanda gave birth to Gabriel, her second son and my second grandson. 

At the airport, I saw a robot barista that was ready to make coffee for the guests, but I was not ready to rely on a machine for my food.


Amanda came to pick me up at the airport with the newborn baby. She had to travel with him all the time because she was breastfeeding him, as she did for Eli. The first holding of Gabriel was as thrilling as the holding of Eli, if not more. Newborn life is tremendously precious.


But, holding a bigger one, Eli, was equally joyful as he has grown up quite a bit. It took a few hours before he was willing to come to me, though.


Yeap? my hands were full if I had to take care of them both at the same time.


I became Eli's best grandpa he has ever had. Ha!



Of course, his primary choice is always his mom and dad.


On our 39th anniversary, Amanda cooked a Vietnamese noodle since we could not go out to celebrate between ourselves. How sweet of her!


The next photo shows my photos holding Eli when he was born, left, and Gabriel, right. I recall I was more nervous when I was holding Eli because he was so small.
More photos of Eli... who loves to play and has a glowing smile. I love him!
 


But, I was also good at putting Gabriel to sleep.





On Mother's Day, two mothers received flowers and greetings from the fathers.



Do you think I am a good babysitter? You bet, I am.










We enjoyed every moment of family time together.











 After three weeks of staying in Dallas, I had to leave for California to attend SfK Life in-person board meeting. See you guys again soon!!! - Jeffrey

No comments: