Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Meeting Friends in Seoul, Korea (December 2021)

Although I was staying in Mokpo, Ilsan, Jeju, or Osan, I jumped on a plane or a KTX to visit different places, primarily to meet people.

I had a get-tother with my high school friends, Changho, Joonhan, Gilyong, and Taehoon. It was my first time seeing Taehoon, far-right in the picture below, since we graduated from high school in 1973. Almost 50 years!!!





I also met up with Harry Kim, an old friend, and colleague in BAM. He is a nomad. He is an ordained pastor and still pastoring, but I have never seen him in suit, let alone a necktie. He has been traveling around the world. His writings are quite insightful, but his eccentric personality is quite difficult for me to swallow. Probably I am the same to him. But we share the same values and principles in BAM.





JJ Jang, a successful businessman in the Philippines, came to visit and we spent time together.




For three days, we had breakfast meetings and these gatherings were always popular among young business people, like people in the following photos:
 



While I was staying at a hotel in GwangHwaMun area, I ran into a Changing of the Guard ceremony in Korean traditional costumes. 






Another breakfast meeting was only for four of us who have been in ministry together for a long time: Rev. Dongho Kim, JJ Jang, Harry Kim, and myself.



I met up with David, who was a partner with Peter Lee in Bangkok. They split up and I wanted to follow up with him to learn what really happened. 


 God is relational, and God's Kingdom is expanding based on relationships. So it is a great joy to meet people and meet up with old friends and colleagues. I know well that even these opportunities will not last forever. I get to enjoy the opportunities whenever possible. - Jeffrey

No comments: