Thursday, June 16, 2022

Seoul, Korea (March 2022)

My schedule to meet people continued on and off during my stay in several places. Noteworthy are the following:

I met with Mr. Il Chul Shin, a business executive and an elder, together with Rev. Jae Chul Chung, Chairman of SfK Korea board. I asked Mr. Shin to serve the SfK Korea board together and he accepted my invitation.


I spent a whole day with Pastor Chang Sun Moon of Living Hope Church and also CEO of WiThee Mission focusing on serving the migrants. Sungsoo Kim and a few other missionaries joined us in discussing what we can do together. At the end of the brainstorming session, we signed an MOU for collaboration in several ministry opportunities. I am thankful for the opportunity to collaborate with WiThee Mission.







Whenever I go to Seoul, I had a reason to go there. Usually to meet people or to attend a meeting. So once in while I can carve out some time for leisure activities.

The statue of Admiral Soon-shin Yi stands out. He is highly respected in Korea and never lost any battle against the invading Japanese navy over two dozen times. That makes him the most capable admiral in the world. Even Admiral Nelson of the U.K. pays respect to Admiral Yi. We were blessed by his dedication and victories.


Another site to remember in Seoul is Chung Gye Chun, meaning Clear Stream. This was restored from a sewage stream that was covered up and an elevated highway was built. Since I clearly saw the old version, it makes me amazed to see this clear water flowing right in the middle of Seoul downtown. A lot of people walked along the stream and it is so pleasant.







What was even more amazing was that the stream now has fish living in it. I could tell that people put them in the water, but the fact they can live in the water was amazing. 


A short span of time spent for taking a walk in between meetings was refreshing and relaxing. - Jeffrey
 

No comments: