Tuesday, June 14, 2022

New Year Gathering, Osan, Korea (January 2022)

It is the New Year 2022. Our Korean family had a gathering at my mom's apartment in Osan to celebrate the New Year. I volunteered to do some cooking.

The first one was Beef Jungol. This was before the cooking.


And this was after the cooking. It tuned out to be very good, receiving high compliments from both my mom and my sisters.


The second dish was Nakji Bokkeum. The seasongs were a bit insufficient, but it was soft and delicious, they said.


Third dish was pan-fried reddish and sesame leaf. The reddish tasted like beef. It was unique to all.


Fourth dish was pan-fried tofu with seaweed. Again, it was a unique dish to all. It was not bad.


Fifthe dish was Enoki Mushrum Jorum. I tried this dish in Jeju and I liked it very much.  Again, people liked it and I was happy to be of service.


There were other dishes made and brought by others.




Overall, the table was abundant and we all ate fully to our stomachs.



Minsook regularly brings flower bouquets for mom and it is always beautiful.


Since Jimin's birthday was close, we celebrated her birthday as well. She is a jolly woman, making us all happy and smile.




I am deeply grateful for my mom and two sisters. I wish my brother were with us. 


Also, Minjoon's husband, their daughter, Eunsun, and Jimin's son, Hwansuk were all happy about our gathering.

 Happy New Year to you all! Happiness is not coming from outside but from within, despite whatever happens externally. BE happy and be an agent of happiness to others! - Jeffrey

No comments: