Thursday, June 16, 2022

Osan and Mokpo, Korea (April 2022)

The ultimate purpose of my long stay in Korea and to restore my Korean citizenship was to secure my Korean passport. A Korean passport makes my travel in South East Asia and Central Asia a lot easier in terms of getting a visa and staying in such countries longer than with a U.S. passport.

Finally in April 2022, after seven months of staying in Korea and exactly after 135 days since my application to restore my citizenship, I was able to get the Certification of Citizenship, and finally, I was able to apply for a Korean passport in Osan. After five business days, I was able to pick up my first Korean passport. It is not only useful but beautiful. Isn't it? Praise the Lord who has made it possible!
  

Wherever I stayed, I found a way to walk so that I kept increasing the number of steps I walk on a daily basis. In Osan, I walked around the apartment complex where my mom lives. Around the complex, I enjoyed the blossomed royal azaleas. They were blossoming in different colors and were beautiful!





Also, there were forsythias that are blossoming all over the country. Their bright yellow colors contrast beautifully with azaleas (,철쭉 및 진달래)



Since I have been using Cconma Korea's address in Chungju-si, I went to the municipal office to process other paperwork. Noeun-myun within Chungju-si was the jurisdiction. 



The lunch get-together with Kwangsoo, Pyungku, and Chanjung in April was the fourth one since I came to Korea. We appreciated each other and said farewell until we see each other again. hopefully sooner rather than later.


I got my implant redone while I was in Mokpo and the dentist-friend Kwak, Joonsuk invited a few other friends to share a meal together. One couple came from Gwangju, Ho Gyu Seon, and Hong Dam Park from Mokpo, and Joonhan Park from Seoul. It has been almost 50 years since we saw each other last time when we graduated from high school. It was a long time: five decades and one half a century. Wow...




Friends, it was my pleasure to see you again. Take care until we can possibly see each other again. - Jeffrey

No comments: