Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Seogwipo, Jeju-do, Korea (January 2022)

In January, I decided to make another trip to Jeju-do. This time, I was able to get the privilege of staying at my former colleague Young Jun Kim's townhome in Seogwipo-si for two weeks. The primary purpose of this stay was to intensify my cooking practices.


The lodging was located remotely so it would have been convenient to rent a car, but I chose not to rent a car. So I walked whenever possible, and took a bus if I needed to.

Ivy-like plants apparently was growing on a wall and orange trees are all over the places.



My cooking selection was getting more diverse.





Each day, I walked to the seashore and walked as long and as far as I could physically go with the pain on my leg. The beach scenes were always strikingly beautiful and refreshing.



More cooking...














One place I walked to had a rock flat for salt drying. It is no longer in practice, but I thought it was unique.



The white color of the breaking sea waves contrasted sharply against the dark color of the basalt rocks, and blue sky when it was sunny.







Even more cooking...








One day I explored even further to a place where I found UFO Pension quite interesting. 





Since I was in a remote area, I ended up cooking a lot. So it was good. Also, I was able to walk more and longer. I was grateful. - Jeffrey 

No comments: