Thursday, June 16, 2022

Ilsan, Korea (April 2022)

I stayed at my sister's place in Ilsan for a few days in April. During my stay, I was able to take care of some businesses.

One of them was to sign the MOU among NOW Mission, Hesed Group, and SfK. This was already reported in my earlier blog post.






I met up with Harry Kim again since he lives in Ilsan. We had lunch at one of the seafood restaurant and spent some time at his place.



I visited Paju, further north of Ilsan close to the DMZ to meet up with Seyoung Park, who used to serve in China and now is serving to prepare for the time of the unification of the Korean peninsula. In fact, he has established in a Unification Village within the controlled zone. Since he is a resident, he was able to take me into the village as a guest. He gave a presentation about his planned activities and also I met with a couple village leaders to discuss what could be done.






In front of my sister's place is a Lake Park that is well groomed for hiking and the picnic. Jimin and I walked around the park a couple of times.












 Since I visited this place, my sister later moved to Seoul in June. It was a timely visit after the fact. - Jeffrey

No comments: