Monday, June 13, 2022

Jeju-si (II), Jeju-do, Korea (December 2021)

This is the second segment of my stay in Jeju-si in November and December 2021. In fact, there is another blog post that covers BJ Kim's visit while I was staying in Jeju-si.

One of the regular routines in Jeju-si was riding a bike that I rented from the Airbnb owner.


I was riding it not only in the city but also on the scenic road by the sea. It is close to the Airport and I was able to take one good photo of a landing airplane.


A motorcycle merchant selling roasted chestnuts.


One day, I made a bus trip to Hamdeok where Pastor Baek was living. He is part of Hesed Group with which SfK partners. He took me to a few places of interest including fascinating views overlooking the beach.










I could find interesting things even around the lodging where I stayed.





My cooking practices were expanding since I intentionally avoided eating outside.








One day, I rode a bike to the east side of the city and was able to see the sunset along with many other things and places of interest. 







Nearby my lodging was a place called Gwan-Deok-Jung where the governor of Jeju rulled.



I was introduced to a young man who was running a Japanese restaurant. He was interested in going overseas as a BAMer and we had some conversations. May his dream come true in His time.



More cooking practices.




Pigs... black pigs... golden pigs... Pigs everywhere... That much, Korean, particularly Jeju-do residents love porks.


A couple of birds were resting in the water on a stream by my lodging. There also were flowers.




One day, I took a bus to visit Halla Arboretum where many plants and flowers unique to Jeju-do were on display.




I also visited Jeju Folk Market that takes place every five days. It was one of the places you must visit in Jeju-si.









While I was riding a bike, the most stunning views were of course of the ocean. It is always refreshing and beautiful.




More cooking and more food.







Some more photos of my bike-riding routes.






Yong-Du-Am, or Dragon Head Rock, is one of the attractions in Jeju-si. But I could hardly imagine the dragon head out of the rock. Hmmmm...




Except for the period when BJ Kim visited, my routines were simple: cooking and riding bikes. The time I visited was offseason for tourists, but it was a time of re-energizing my souls. - Jeffrey

No comments: