Friday, June 17, 2022

Southern California, U.S.A. (May 2022)

Southern California has several airports, including LAX, Long Beach, Santa Ana, Ontario, and Burbank. Unless I have to use LAX, I have been trying to avoid it because of the horrendous traffic to go through to get there and get out of there. 

This time, I flew into Long Beach. As I expected, it was a cinch to get out of the airport. I rented a car and I drove to Laguna Beach to check it out before checking in at the Healing Center at God's Family Church in Buena Park, Laguna Beach in May was not as crowded as in the summer, but it was as beautiful as ever. Laguna Beach is one of my favorite beaches.






After visiting Laguna Beach, I decided to visit Huntington Beach as well. It is known for its long and vast sand beach as well as the place for surfing.
 









In the evening, I had a get-together with three members of Shop4Impact.com who are living in Southern California. They are Alyse, Marketing Director, Jamie, Graphic Designer, and Jennifer, Graphic Designer. It was my first time meeting Jennifer and Jamie, but we enjoyed our time together. It is my prayer that our endeavour with Shop4Impact.com will receive God's favor and bear fruits that will honor and glorify Him.


The following day, I had a breakfast meeting with Pastor Daeho Yu, the senior pastor of God's Family Church, Missionary Chung who served in Cambodia, and In Kim, a brother in Christ and a long-time friend since the OMC. I am deeply grateful for their hospitality of letting me stay at the Healing Center of the church.




KwangKu Won, Kristin's second older brother is living in Southern California, in fact, only 10 minute drive from the Healing Center where I was staying. So I met up with him over lunch and he looked healthy and strong. It was a pleasant reunion.


On Saturday, we met at Steven Kang's conference room for a whole-day in-person board meeting of SfK Life. Samuel Kim could not make it because of his personal reason, but we thoroughly enjoyed our time together. We made an important decision on whom and where to serve so that we may be more selective in whom to serve with more focused attention.


It is a small world. Missionary Chung whom I met over breakfast knew Gary Moon couple who used to live close to us in Chiang Mai, Thailand. They met and happened to talk about me and sent me a photo. What a small world!


So I was able to arrange for an unplanned get-together with the Moon couple at a cafe on Sunday. They are retired and now live in Southern California, but Gary seems to plan on returning to Thailand to finish up a construction project. They seemed very happy with their current life. 



I had a fellowship dinner with Jikyung Park. He has been attending Bethel Church in Irvine and attended SfK Boot Camp Training held a few years ago at the church. He has been part of my SBS and has been discussing with me in serving together with SfK. But, he has decided to relocate to Korea while continuing to work remotely at the current job to take care of his mother-in-law. After he sold his house, he decided to donate the tithing of the capital gain to SfK. So he has given SfK a significant amount of money lately. I wanted to meet to express my gratitude. It was a pleasant surprise to find out that he belonged to Agape Club when he was studying at Yonsei University, my almar mater. Again, it is indeed a small world. May the Lord bless him and his family in their new life in Korea!


 The following day, I returned home after eight months of being away, but only after three flights from Long Beach to Sal Lake City, and to Charlotte, and to GSP (Greenville Spartanburg) Airport. Pastor Jungho Kim came to pick me up, thankfully. - Jeffrey

No comments: