Thursday, June 16, 2022

Activities in Seoul and My Korean Citizenship, Korea (March 2022)

Here is another post that shows my activities in Seoul.

First, I shared a message to primarily a Congolese congregation at an international worship service held at Living Hope Church. It was joyful to see Africans dance with the praise music. Africans are all born rhythmical dancers. 




I had a get-together with BJ Kim and Fernando Choi. Both are in the aviation industry. BJ is Korea Country Manager for IATA and Fernando is Incheon Airport Manager for Aeromexico. Also, they are college alumni. Our time is always mutually encouraging and the fellowship time is joyful. The food was excellent.
  

I met up with Jay Yoon couple over dinner. My precious travel companion. We climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro together, we did the 3-week overland trucking from Cape Town to Victoria Falls together, and we toured the U.K. and Ireland together. They planned to spend more time in Korea than in the U.S. They are warm-hearted people and I am thankful for their friendship.


I wanted to buy some supplies for my calligraphy. So I visited Insadong where a lot of Korean traditional and ancient artifacts are sold. It is one of the tourist attractions also. I bought a bunch of paper for calligraphy and an ink base.



I met up with my former church members at KCPC in Denver. They all are scholars teaching at Yonsei University, my alma mater. 



The most significant event was to receive the certificate of my Korean citizenship that happened in March 2022. This was the primary purpose of my long stay in Korea and I had a good reason to be happy about it. I could have waited to receive it in the mail, but I decided to make a trip to Cheongju to pick it up because I had to submit a pledge not to exercise my U.S. citizenship in Korea. I am so thankful for being able to restore my Korean citizenship.
 

You meet people and you see things happen for a good reason under God's sovereignty. I am willing and ready to submit to His authority. Amen! - Jeffrey

 

No comments: