Saturday, June 11, 2022

During My Stay in Osan, Korea (November 2021)

 My mom lives in Osan, Kyunggi-do Province. It is not Seoul but located close enough to Seoul. So while I am staying at my mom's place, I took a direct bus to Gangnam and there take subways to move around to meet people.

I met Rev. Dongho Kim, a long-time friend and a fellow worker in starting SfK Korea. He is a retired pastor but remains active with CMP (Comfort My People) gatherings to comfort cancer patients, Exikiel Mission, a mission agency to support missionaries in hardships, and a daily YouTube bible study ministry, called Nal-Gi-Sae. He is an amazing man of God whom I respect a lot.




Also, I met up with my high school friends on several occasions. Four of "Six Friends" met in Osung so that two can travel from Seoul, one from Gwangju down south, and myself from in-between. It is always pleasant to spend time with the high school friends.


Young Jun Kim is my former colleague when I ran Premier Bank in Colorado. He later took over his father's business in Korea, but he and I have remained connected continuously. He has a warm heart and is very considerate of others.



As part of Post BMT, we paid a visit to Mr. K.R. Lee's new start-up to automate sewing for private brands. He is an engineer, but he started and has managed a consulting firm specializing in manufacturing. He has been one of the regular lectures for SfK BMT and I greatly appreciate his partnership.











I met up with Dr. Yang, who is a retired medical doctor and is in transition to go to Madagascar to serve as a missionary. He found a cancer while he was practicing medicine and he decided to wrap up the practice to leave. I met him first while I was in Rwanda and have since been in contact from time to time. We had a joyous reunion that was mutually encouraging.


While I was in Osan, I had to serve with the BMT Korean 2021 as well as Post BMT 2021 every Saturday. It was demanding but also rewarding to my soul.



I spent time with a couple of other high school friends. Just talking about what is happening in our lives was good enough to meet up. What else can you expect?






I am thankful for God's grace in keeping me safe while I was meeting up with people and taking public transportation to move around. All the joy I enjoyed from meeting people was only a bonus. - Jeffrey

No comments: