Sunday, June 12, 2022

Seogwipo (1), Jeju-do, Korea (November 2021)

Jeju-do is the largest island in Korea. It is the Korean version of Hawaii. It was our honeymoon place.

Now, it is a tourist destination not only for Koreans but for many overseas tourists. Its mild climate during the winter attracts people. I decided to spend time in Jeju and ended up doing it two times. Each time, I spent three weeks. Each time, I stayed partly in Seogwipo-si and partly in Jesu-si, two major cities that cover the entire island.

This is the first segment of my stay in Seogwipo-si.

Upon my arrival at the Jeju Airport, I had to lead an online training session for the BMT 2021 Korean Track. I chose to do it at A Twosome Place nearby the rental car company by the beach. It was a random selection, but the scenery was gorgeous, although I was stuck in a conference room away from the beachfront seats.



After the online training, I drove to Seogwipo. SfK Korea decided to hold its in-person board meeting in Seogwipo-si, thanks to Rev. Chung's arrangement for a discount at one of E-Land's Kensington Resorts. The scenery was beautiful, the ambiance was wonderful, and the fellowship was joyful.















We decided to play a round of billiard game. Our games were all rusty, but we enjoyed the time.



After the board meeting, I was supposed to move to Jeju-si to stay at an Airbnb. But, the Airbnb host somehow messed up and the room availability was pushed off for four days. So I ended up staying at an Airbnb in Seogwipo-si. I took advantage of the unplanned stay to explore the southern part of the island more.

The first place to visit was Camellia Hill. It was like a botanical garden with a lot more exposure to nature.



























From the Airbnb place, I was able to see a bridge.


The southern part of the Jeju island had three main waterfalls. One of them was Jeongbang Waterfall that is the only one with the water falls right into the ocean.




Another place of interest to me was Ark Church or "Bang-ju Church." The church building looks like the Ark that Noah built in the bible. Other than that, I could not find any other significance.













Well... there were more photos of Camellia Hill and I got lazy in moving them to the front. So here they are.















Close to the church was a Burberry Exhibition site that was covered with shiny metals. I was not sure what the relationship was. A church and a coat brand...?


My journey in Seogwipo-si will continue in the second segment. - Jeffrey

No comments: