Monday, December 11, 2023

Swamp Rabbit Trail, Greenville, SC (July 2023)

 As soon as we arrived at Greer, SC, we heard about Swamp Rabbit Trail that runs more than 22 miles. Apparently, it has been extended even more in the past two years, not reaching 28 miles. I meant to walk on the trail, but our leg or hip pain has not allowed us to try it.

Finally, we made an opportunity to walk and we found it quite pleasant. Kristin chose not to walk long, but there is a covered resting area with drinking bars and restaurants. 

I found it suitable for me to practice my walking before my planned walk on Camino de Santiago Portuguese in September 2024. I would be able to rehearse the same distances over 13 days as we get close to the time of hiking next year. We will see.



This trail has paved roads some of which are shaded. I plan to practice it in August 2024 following the schedule of the Camino route that we will take.


It was a great joy to discover this trail. - Jeffrey

No comments: