Thursday, December 29, 2022

Reflecting the Year 2022

 

As I see the last week pass by, I was recollecting what God has done in and through my life, I am in profound appreciation of His grace. The highlights include:

  • I have been able to continue the daily devotion with Kristin.
  • Gabriel was born to Ray and Amanda, our second grandchild (March)
  • We sold Destin 345 condominium.
  • I have restored my Korean citizenship. (April)
  • Joyce became pregnant and is expecting the baby in January 2023.
  • Kristin and I did a road trip to Outer-banks in North Carolina, and South Carolina. (April and May)
  • Joyce and Kyle bought a house and moved in.
  • I traveled to Kyrgyzstan without a major issue, although I got infected with COVID-19.
  • I was able to finish the BAM Field Trip to Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam.
  • Kristin and I made a short getaway to Williamsburg, VA. 
  • Kristin and I built a mini camper on Toyota Siena, called TS Camper.
  • We did several nights of car camping without a major glitch, thankfully.
  • We made a trip to Hawaii and California using a couple of timeshares.
  • Amanda and Ray got into trouble with their flipper investment and we ended up bailing them out with a home mortgage on our home in Greer.
  • We continued our tradition of holding family gatherings during Thanksgiving week.
  • We made a mission trip to Primo Tapia in Baja California, Mexico. (December)
  • SfK launched shop4impact.com in February but had to discontinue and close it in December.
  • Both Kristin and I were suffering from severe pain in our legs and hips, but we have become much better in 2022. We have been able to walk a reasonable distance, primarily in our subdivision complex. Beautiful sceneries, particularly sunset, are only a bonus. 





Shop4Impact.com and its legal entity KS Global Partners, Inc. were closed as of December 30. The closing will help relieve all people from the heavy burden of spending time and working on an unsuccessful venture despite its good intent. We enjoyed our gathering and fellowship through the weekly and bi-weekly Zoom calls. This was the last meeting we had on December 29. Thank you, brothers and sisters! I thank God for you all!


I was introduced to a missionary to Cambodia who used to live in Greenville. Mr. Jinwon Kim used to be a Taekwondo master and is now serving in Cambodia in conjunction with her later daughter who died of cancer. 


I had an opportunity to give a lecture about "Biblical Framework on Work and Calling" primarily for the college and graduate students at Bob Jones University. Also, I was asked at the last minute to preach on Sunday because the senior pastor got sick too bad. 


While I am in Greer, I have played golf with Kristin occasionally. It is truly a blessing to be able to share a hobby with Kristin.


Everything was a blessing with God's grace. Thank you, Lord! I praise Your Name forever. Lord willing, I will live a life that will honor Your Name, Lord. - Jeffrey

No comments: