Monday, December 12, 2022

Friends and COVID-19, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (August 2022)

 Along with the visit with Dutch Nature, I met a few friends. One of them was a couple who have been sent by Irvine Bethel Church in California. The husband attended SfK BCT some years ago. We had a good fellowship. They are starting a school.



Another person whom I met was a missionary who is now teaching in Bishkek. He has been serving for more than a dozen years. We were mutually introduced to each other by a participant in SfK BMT. I met them at Korean Global Mission Leaders Forum that took place in November 2021 in Korea. We had a good fellowship as well.


While I was attending the Joseph Project, I started mild coughing from Thursday. On Friday, I cancelled all activities and stayed in bed for the whole day. I self-tested for COVID-19, but it was negative. So I thought I was having a bad cold with a heavy body ache.

On Saturday, August 13, I signed on to lead the BMT 2022 Korean Track online and I test again for COVID-19 because I still had a high fever. Alas! The result came out positive. 

After the BMT first session, I asked people what to do, who were scheduled to join me on the BAM Field Trip to Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam. I intended to cancel the trip and recover in Kyrgyzstan or Khazakstan. But, they all encouraged me to come regardless.

So I decided to go to the airport, but I was rejected from boarding the plane because of the COVID-19 negative test result in Korea and in Laos. While I did not know what to do, I met someone who helped me get a negative report so that I could travel to Almaty, Incheon, Bangkok, and Vientiane. I was confident that the Lord sent an angel through him to help me go on the trip. Praise the Lord!

It is too bad that I have to keep a lot of information minimal due to security reasons. But it was bliss to experience how God works when you feel hopeless. - Jeffrey

No comments: