Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Osan, Korea (August 2022)

After the SfK BAM Field Trip, I returned to Korea and intended to spend time with my mom and to meet up with a few friends. 

At that time in Korea, all incoming passengers had to present a negative PCR or Antigen test result when entering the country and within 24 hours they had to take a PCR test. I did it without thinking twice because I saw the self-test change from positive to negative over time. Not just once but three times.

Surprisingly, however, the PCR test came out positive. That meant that I had to be quarantined for seven days. The reason was not that I contracted the virus again but that the PCR test amplified even the dead virus so that it appeared that I was still positive even if in fact I had no live virus. Oh well. What can you do?

There were some consequences, though. I had to cancel all meetings, including SfK Korea in-person board meeting and golf outing with Chairman Shim and PK Lee. Also, I had to change my departure flight schedule to the next date to the originally scheduled date because I could not board the plane unless seven days have elapsed. 

My mother had to take the PCR test also because she was exposed to me. Fortunately and thankfully, her result came out negative. That gave me a conviction that my PCR test result was not accurate.



Nonetheless, I was able to join my family when they were visiting Chung A Park where my father's remains are kept.  We had a good time of fellowship over lunch. I am so grateful that my two younger sisters are in a very good relationship.






After lunch, we spent time at a dessert cafe and enjoyed red bean shaved ice and red bean desserts. Yum...



Also, my friend, Yoon Duck was willing to meet up with me. Thanks, my friend!

It was too bad that I had to cancel all meetings, but I was content with the situation I was thrown into. - Jeffrey

No comments: