Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Greer, South Carolina (September/October 2022)


We returned home on September 23. For me, it was almost two months since I left to go to Kyrgyzstan, then Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Korea, Hawaii, and California. After a short break, we started working on our mini camper project to be prepared for our next road trip to Williamsburg, VA, and camping on the way back.

I named it TS Camper. It means Toyota Siena Minicamper. I bought a 2006 Toyota Siena with 95,000 miles on it and bought a camping box at an affordable price. I placed the third-row seats into the trunk and removed one second-row seat. The other second-row seat may be flipped over for a camping box bed. Kristin worked primarily on stuff related to cooking, sleeping, and the toilet. I worked on the camping box and other technical stuff. 




While we were preparing for our first cam-camping trip, a few events took place in Greer, SC. First, it was my birthday in October and the church celebrated all people whose birthdays were in October. I was the only one. So I received the whole celebration. Kristin bought the cake.



Amanda and Joyce gave me a gift certificate at the golf course I am usually going: Links O' Tryon. Kristin and I played a couple of rounds gratefully and joyfully.




One church member couple, Danny and Haeok Orr, has a daughter who is living in a farm and raises many animals. Kristin and I went to take a look. They had cows, donkeys, chickens, turkeys, ducks, goats, and pigs. They were going to bring horses, too. It was a small but surely an animal farm.















Whenever we stay at home, we walk the subdivision compound. While we walk, I run into some sceneries that are uniquely beautiful. 






We have been enjoying living in Greer, SC unexpectedly with good quality water and clean air. I am deeply grateful to God who has brought us to this place. - Jeffrey 

No comments: