Monday, October 7, 2024

Air Travel Fiasco (September 2024)

I was scheduled to leave GSP on September 1 to go to Azores Island via Charlotte NC and Boston Massachusetts before I traveled to Porto Portugal. But, this trip had to be canceled because of all the problems that could happen in any air travel.

First, the incoming aircraft to GSP had a mechanical problem. So my departure flight was delayed.


Second, the airport was shut down when we arrived in Charlotte because of a storm that hit the region. We waited in front of the gate for almost an hour. 

As a result, I missed the second flight. I was rebooked by American Airlines three times with subsequent changes in the departure gates.

Finally, I reached Boston, but I missed my flight to Azores Island and my luggage did not arrive in Boston. So, I had to find a lodging to stay in Boston.


It was the weekend and the U.S. office was closed. So I managed to call Azores Airlines' Portugal Office and learned there are only flights on Wednesday, three days later. At the end, I ended up canceling my trip to Azores Island.

Anything and everything that could go wrong went wrong on September 1. I decided to take it easy in Boston and plan to arrive in Porto one day earlier than the original plan. Oh well. Things go wrong at times. It was one of them. - Jeffrey

No comments: