Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Camino de Santiago Portuguese Day 7 (September 2024)

 

After a gleeful completion of the longest walk, we were excited to start the next day, our seventh day. But, we were not aware of what was lying ahead of us. Our starting photo was on a bridge. 


Today's journey was approximately 21 km to the City of Vigo. It looked easy compared to the previous day's 31 km. But, our body was in cumulative fatigue and the actual walking distance was 26 km. Also, there were many ups and downs, which made the walk more difficult. It was quite challenging.


But, we decided to remain joyous in smiling because we were carrying heavy backpacks like the following lady.


So we smiled and kept walking joyfully.




All the journeys were not very pleasant, however, I almost tripped and fell on the downhill road. It would have been a disaster because the surface was asphalt and I was on the downhill. My backpack could have added more weight over my fallen body and I could have been badly injured on my face because of the eyeglasses. Thank God, however, I made brisk small steps, perhaps 10 or so, and managed to avoid the fall. The plank and squat exercises I practiced to prepare for the Camino could have been useful. I was wounded on my finger that was scratched by the wall. I was deeply grateful and relieved. Mr. Yoon felt the same.



Right after we left the town of Baiona, we bumped into two Korean young ladies. They were sisters and the older sister looked very tired with a heavy backpack. Apparently, she decided to use the luggage transfer service and kept walking. She climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro and the younger sister completed the Camino de Santiago French Route. We bumped into each other a few more times until we completed our walk. We also ran into the two Taiwanese ladies for the third time.

 

After we completed the seventh day walk with difficulty, we found an Indian restaurant to eat our dinner.




We talked several times more about the potential incident that could have adversely affected my Camino walk. Thank God for your protection! - Jeffrey

No comments: