Friday, July 26, 2024

Yonsei Alumni Gathering (July 2024)

I entered Yonsei University in Seoul, Korea in the year of 1973. I studied business administration and our class had 160 students. Our classmates have been meeting regularly on July 3rd every year because the year 1973 ends with 73 hence July 3rd. I happened to be in Korea on this special day, so I decided to attend this special event. 

It was wonderful to see many old friends, about 50 of them. It was the first time I saw some of them since my graduation in 1979. All these years past have made us get old and our aging was apparent in all of us. 











I was allowed to say a few words. Many of them have retired and I was fortunate to remain still active with the SfK ministry. Some envied my travel experiences. 


In 2027, three years later, there will be a College Reunion to celebrate the 50 years since the graduation, four years added to the year of entrance. In Korea, the graduation year changes because of the mandatory military service duty. Since Kristin also entered the college in the same year, our college reunion will be a special event. I am looking forward to it.

Separately, I also had a gathering with a few friends over lunch. Pyung Ku, Chanjung, and Kwangsoo were in the gathering.

I learned that Mooyoung, my college friend as well as a former colleague at the Korea EXIM Bank where I worked, has fourth-state prostate cancer. I talked to him on the phone once. His voice remained quite upbeat, but he could not make it to our gathering planned because he was physically weak after the treatment. I hope to see him next time. - Jeffrey 


No comments: