Friday, July 26, 2024

Jeffrey's Mom's Birthday Trip, Chungju, Korea (June 2024)


While I was visiting Korea, we had the joy of celebrating our mom's 93rd birthday. It had been tough to make my schedule in Korea, but this time it worked. What a joy! With my two younger sisters, we made a short trip to Chungju. We stayed at a hotel in Suanbo where the water was natural hot springs. This place was famous so the Royal Family came to take the bath. 







While driving, we spotted a place that had a pension plus a cafe. Its name meant "Beautiful Garden." The name was accurate and the view from the place was beautiful too. 






We took a photo at a dam that created a man-made lake. The landscape of the islands in the lake looks like an alligator so named accordingly.



We took a selfie with big smiles. We were really happy. My sisters are always happy and smiling all the time. I am energized by their smiles and giggles.


We had lunch at at Buckwheat Noodle restaurant. It was really delicious. I can go back anytime.




We made a stop at a local market, but it was a bit disappointing.




The town has a river flowing. Although the water was shallow, the ambiance was quite attractive for hiking.



Another spot we found beautiful was attracting many tourists who spent overnight to enjoy the scenery. 







On her birthday, we took her to a Korean traditional restaurant where you eat with a tableful of side dishes. The food was really tasty and their services were excellent. Another place I would love to go back to.


Our actual birthday celebration took place at Viche Cafe where one of my friends and colleagues is operating the business. Its location is a bit remote, but the ambiance was beautiful.





My mom remains healthy with an acute mind. It is truly a blessing. She looks also beautiful not only in appearance but in heart. I love you mom! May you enjoy a long healthy life! Happy birthday!


On another day, I paid a visit to my younger sister's flower shop. They are a beautiful couple, also dear brother and sister in Christ. I am confident that the Lord is pleased with their life. 


The opportunity to celebrate my mom's 93rd birthday together was bliss. Thank you, Lord! - Jeffrey 

No comments: