Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Meeting with Family - Osan, Korea (April 2023)


One of the first things we did after we arrived in Seoul was to visit my mom. As she is getting old, every opportunity to see her is precious. 

During our visit to Korea, we had Parent's Day in appreciation of their sacrificial love.


Jimin and our couple spent time together over an excellent lunch at a beautiful restaurant. Jimin hosted the lunch. 








My mom's birthday is May 1st in the lunar calendar, falling on June 18 in the Gregorian calendar in 2023. But, I wanted to celebrate her birthday while I was there. So we bought a cake for her to blow the candles. 



My younger sister and her husband run a flower shop. Parent's Day is one of the few seasonally busy times of the year. So they could not join us for the family gathering. Kristin and I visited their flower shop before we left Seoul. They have beautiful and pleasant hearts, thanks to God. I prayed for His goodness to be revealed through them.   




We visited Kristin's aunt who has been close to our family. She is living in a silver town, called The Signum House. She looked good and healthy for her age of 90. We had a wonderful fellowship.



She has been many cultivating several hobbies and skills. One of them was drawing. She did a drawing with a pencil of Jesus Christ wearing a crown of thorns. It was marvelous!


I have several cousins through my mom's siblings. I met a family of one of the cousins. Her daughter studied music composition and was in the process of applying to a few U.S. universities for a doctoral program. One of her favorite schools was Cal State Long Beach. It was a joyous gathering.


On the day right before my departure, I visited my mom again. She is still active, healthy, and clear in her mind for her age of 92, but every opportunity to see her is just too precious to pass because of her age.


 Family is one of only a few God-ordained institutions and I am blessed to be part of a loving family. - Jeffrey 

No comments: