Saturday, October 5, 2019

Calgary, Canada (September)


The second stop was to Calgary, Canada, where a long time friend of mine lives: Young Sik Yoon. He is one of my high school buddies. I became part o thf only two friends clubs while in high school and he and I are the only ones who belonged to both of them.

He has been involved in various investment projects and he must have been doing well. His house where I stayed for two nights was new, large and comfortable. His son, Geon, was still living with them, unmarried.


On the first day, he offered a B.B.Q. dinner in his backyard. It was delicious and I ended up eating too much.


I saw Calgary City only from a distance.


Rather, I walked around the neighborhoods where Aspen trees were colored with gold all over the places. They last only for three weeks and my visit was made in perfect timing.










 On the following day, Youngsik drove to Banff, about a two hour distance, which is one of Canada's famous national parks. Canadian Rockies begins here and stretches south to Colorado Rockies.













Lake Louise was foggy, but its beauty could not be covered up.














On the way there and back, the mountains were covered with snow at the top, pine trees in the middle and golden aspen trees in the lower parts. Just beautiful!





There was Banff Gondola, but we could not ride it due to time constraints.



The Town of Banff looked similar to sky towns in Colorado. It was cozy and cute.

Fairmont Hotel is a famous venue for hosting international conferences. Obviously very exclusive and expensive.





Calgary and Banff were far too beautiful to visit only for two days. Probably I will return, Lord willing.. - Jeffrey

No comments: