Friday, December 29, 2017

Trip to Pennsylvania (December 2017)

One day, I rented a car and drove down to Lancaster first and later to Philadelphia.

In Lancaster, I visited with Peter Greer, CEO of Hope International He is a long time friend and I translated one of his books into Korean: Spiritual Danger of Doing Good. We explored several ways to work together. No tangible way has come out of the meeting, but at least it was wonderful to be reconnected after a few years of disconnect. I came to Lancaster at least four times while I was serving in Rwanda to attend the Leaders Summit.



I had a fond recollection of watching four Christian musicals performed at the Millennium Theater: Psalms of David, Noah, Jonah and Joseph. All of them were fantastically inspirational. I would love to watch another one at the theater that is producing and performing musicals of only Christian themes and characters.

I bumped into Christine Baingana, current CEO of Urwego Bank in Rwanda, which I managed for four and a half years. What a surprise!

I had a dinner meeting with David Simms later the same day. David used to be affiliated with Opportunity International and once he was global CEO briefly during an interim period. Under his leadership, Opportunity had to go through a major overhaul.


Currently he is Managing Director of Impact Foundation and tries to find a way to support missional businesses in developing nations through donor advised funds housed at the foundation. We brainstormed several ways to collaborate for His Kingdom.

He took me to a Thousan Village store where they collect and sell products from all over the world. We talked about developing a network of stores to promote the products of transformational businesses. Unfortunately the store was closed, but I was able to peep into the store.




After dinner, I had to drive all the way to Queens. It is not a terribly long distance, but I felt it was after having lived in small countries. - Jeffrey

No comments: