Friday, December 29, 2017

Trip to Atlanta, GA (December 2017)


I took a short trip down to Atlanta, GA while we were staying in New York.

Koomin Chung was a former colleague at Premier Bank in Colorado and Shinhan Bank America in New York. He still works for Shinhan Bank America managing North Atlanta Bank branch and Loan Center covering states of Georgia and Alabama. He works with Jaewoo Jung who leads the lending team for Koo. He looked like a nice man.



More than anything else, he serves as Director of Lending with SfK Ministries. Also, he takes care of administrative issues of SfK Life, our personal mails and even our rental property in Buford. I am deeply indebted and greatly grateful. He is a pleasant and competent man of God who is trustworthy and dependable.

He offered that I stay at his house even after I already made a reservation at a hotel. Also he allowed me to drive his car so I had to cancel the rental car arrangement. He is nice, kind and hospitable.

During my two-night stay, there was heavy snow in Atlanta that normally does not see snow even in the winter. The entire area turned beautifully white, but streets were slippery and schools were closed. I saw the falling snow in a long while.




Koo's father arrived one day after I arrived there. His father is as nice and gentle as Koo. Also, Koo has a son who is cute and talented. He plays golf, drum and guitar. We had dinner together and ate Cold Stone ice cream  Fun and delicious!


I had a meeting with Elder Daewon Cho, a missionary to Rwanda, who came with his church pastor couple. Coincidentally the pastor entered Yonsei University in the same year I entered. It was a pleasant surprise. Also in attendance for lunch was Elder Young Ryong Ryu who was a banker with Shinhan Bank. Apparently, Elder Cho and Elder Ryu were of the same age.


I met up with Samuel Kim briefly. He is a member of SfK Life board and also Treasurer. He has been serving in his role faithfully. We have known each other from Denver where we both lived.


I had dinner with Arthur Kim who is an economist and currently works for the IRS. He runs a couple of FB groups: one for economics and the other for bible study. WE exchanged ideas and thoughts on various issues. 


Although it was short, I was grateful that I had a chance to meet up with Koo and other friends. - Jeffrey

No comments: