Friday, September 25, 2026

Seoul and its Vicinity, Korea - Fellow Workers (May and June 2026)

I made a trip to Korea after the Eastern Christianity Forum held in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. During this trip, I saw many people on a tight schedule. The most rewarding meeting was with the SBS Rwanda people. Most of them are in their late 30's or early 40's. So their children are still young, it is challenging to come to the meeting with them. Nonetheless, four families joined us this time. From this meeting, God moved three people to decide to serve with SHINE Alliance. Praise the Lord!


I had a brief meeting with Jungil Lee, Mary You, and two other people, who took part in a training on a creative way to teach Korean. 


I had a meeting with Pastor Dongho Song, Professor Youngsup Soh, and Elder Seokha Kang at the NOW Mission office and had lunch together. They participated in our BMT program and are long-time friends. 


Together with Min-Young Jung, I took part in a seminar lectured by Professor John Barclays, a renowned theologian, at Saemunan Church. It was inspiring. The fellowship with Missionary Jung was also insightful. I am grateful to God for him whom God raised to bring the light to many people. 



Finally, I had a fellowship time with Young-Gwang Song, who served in China and is now staying in Korea. I visited him while I was serving in the Yunan Province. 


I had a meeting with Pastor Changsun Moon, who serves with us through SHINE Alliance. He is still recovering from the surgery to remove cancer. 


Pastor Doo-il Kim is a member of the MB Connect and serves as Deputy Director of the NUR Network. He leads Jungwon Community, which consists of a church, a preschool, and a business. I am looking forward to expanding our relationship and his involvement with SHINE Alliance.


Sam Cho was a professor of business administration and served as CEO of InterServ Korea. He is now focusing on helping the Life as Mission movement to take hold in Korea. He also established the Korean office of the Center for BAM. He is a good friend and fellow Kingdom worker. We had lunch together.


SfK Korea's board used to be 10 members. But the number has been reduced to six now. We had a fellowship dinner with all current and previous board members to thank them for their service. We were all grateful for each other. 


Whenever I go to Korea, I almost always pay a visit to Pastor Dongho Kim in his office. It is far away to the east, but it is joyous to see him and share our thoughts. Pastor Jangho Lee was also there, who is scheduled to succeed Pastor Kim later.


We had dinner at a gourmet steakhouse, which is run by Pastor Shinjoong Kang and his family. I met him in Bishkek, and he promised to attend our BMT program. The raised meat cooked for more than 12 hours was delicious. But our fellowship time was more rewarding.


We had a meeting with former fellow workers, Seungwon Lee and Hyesung Shin, together with Wonjin Choi, who is now serving with SHINE Alliance. We used to serve together with KBM Gathering.
 

The first meeting with Munyoung Chung, who is now in the coffee business, went through our BMT Training and is an active member of the MB Connect. Our conversation was beneficial to each other.


Sung Soo Kim is a long-time friend and fellow worker. He handles all administrative matters for SfK Korea and leads the HDT Network. I am so thankful to God for him. 


Pastor Changsun Moon introduced me to a movie producer. He is planning a project and seeking a partnership. I had to politely decline.


Elder Kyoung Sup Kwon is also a long-time friend and fellow Kingdom worker. He retired from his previous sound systems business and quietly supports various Kingdom workers. 


I had a separate meeting with Hyun Jeon. He is a commissioned missionary, serving with GMTC, a missionary-training ministry. He also works for SHINE's SUP Network with me. He handles the SHINE News publishing and all accounting work for SHINE Alliance. He is talented in many areas. 


I was invited to a dinner hosted by Minjung Kim and her family. She served in Rwanda through KOICA and was one of the original SBS members. She also supports our ministry financially as well as prayerfully. I am grateful.

It is always encouraging to meet up with fellow Kingdom workers, who are serving the Lord in various ways. May God bless them! - Jeffrey

No comments: