Another joy of going to Korea is seeing our family. The highlight was my mom's 95th birthday. But seeing my sisters and mom alone brings me tremendous joy. When I visited her small apartment in Osan, she welcomed me with a well-prepared meal. I was humbled and overjoyed.
I took time to visit the flower shop my younger sister, Minsook, and her husband run in Hyehwa-dong, Jongno-gu. They moved to a new and bigger space right in front of their old place. I prayed for them. They are faithful believers, and I am grateful for them.
As I mentioned above, the highlight of our family reunion was to celebrate my mom's 95th birthday. We rented a condominium nearby by the lake in Dongtan. My sisters, although they are in their 60s, are always cheerful and upbeat. We had a wonderful time celebrating our mother's birthday.
Lord, thank you for allowing my mom to live for the past 95 years! It was totally Your grace, God. How much longer she will live, I do not know. But may You bless her with Your heavenly peace and a grateful heart until You take her to be with You eternally. In Jesus name, amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment