Thursday, December 2, 2021

Osan, Korea (October 2021)

Osan is located in Gyunggi-do province, approximately one hour distance from Seoul. It is considered one of several bed towns near Seoul. US Air Force has a base in this city.

My mom has been living in Osan for the past almost 20 years. I planned to stay at her apartment for at least one month. She is 91 years old, but I am grateful that she is healthy and strong with her memory. She has pain on her butt when she is walking and I think it is coming from her hip.


She is still working part-time at a park. It is one of the public benefits provided for elderly people so that they may find some meaning to their lives. She works for 10 days a month each time for three hours. We visited her work place.


She is still active with her sewing skills. During the pandemic, she sewed fabric pieces to make a jacket. How amazing she is!

One of the missions I had to do in Korea was to buy a first-birthday Korean traditional outfit for Eli who was celebrating his first birthday on November 8th. My mom and I walked around and bought one, and shipped it to my wife so that she may carry it with her when she travels to Dallas TX.

I visited Ezekiel Mission Fund to meet up with Retired Pastor Dongho Kim. The purpose was to see him and also to explore the possibilities of serving together between SfK and Ezekiel. He was wholeheartedly agreeable.



Later, he arranged for another meeting with his oldest son who is a professor at Seoul National University. He is effectively leading the non-profit organization that Pastor Dongho Kim founded. I was recommended to contact him for any overseas investment opportunities.

I met up with Pyungku Lee and Kwangsoo Song, my college friends. over lunch. Both were in the banking industry and now have been retired. It was joyful to see them, but at the same time it was sad that we did not have much common ground for us to share our life story.



I had lunch together with Harry Kim and his son Samuel at Gwanghwamun before they were heading to the U.S. and El Salvador.


I had a get together with Agape Club friends. They all are now getting old, but it is delightful to spend time with them since we share the common motivation to serve in the name of Jesus Christ.




 I also met up with Pastor Changsun Moon to explore the potential opportunity to serve together for migrants. No fruit yet, but we keep trying.



I had a get-together with Jay Yoon and his wife in Gangnam. They are our travel companions in Africa and U.K. They are lovely people with kind heart. It was so pleasant to see them in Seoul. 


While in Korea, my Zoom meetings including training sessions continued. IBA Leaders Forum, IBA Digital Conference, BMT, Post BMT, and Mini BMT etc. Well... that is part of digital nomad's life.



It is a blessing for me to continue my ministry while traveling online. Thank you, Lord! - Jeffrey

No comments: