Thursday, December 3, 2020

Trip from Incheon to Dallas, Texas (November 2020)

 At the Incheon Airport, robots were rolling around to answer any questions we may have. Not many people were actually using, other than the curious like myself. The Robots will become an integral part of human society sooner or later, like fiction movies. 


I used Delta miles to take a Prestige Class on a Korean Air flight from ICN to Dallas Fort Worth Airport to avoid the pain the butt. The flat bed was good but not so useful. Yet, the foods were pretty good.






Upon arrival in Dallas, it was breezy to pass through the border control. The luggage was waiting for me at the carousel.  The first thing I did was a rapid test for the COVID-19. The result came out negative, thankfully.

At the house of Amanda and Ray, a new life was waiting for me. Eli Jihoon Smith. My first grandchild and grandson! Can you tell that I was gleeful! 






Due to hassle, we advised Joyce not to come for the Thanksgiving gathering. It was a right decision, but Joyce and Amanda both felt sad that Joyce was left out of our family gathering. I am sure Amanda wanted to show Joyce her new house as well as the new baby. Our Thanksgiving Dinner was ample, but a bit simple. We had a video call with Joyce to share the blessings we all have received this year despite the COVID-19..


More photos of Eli. Isn't he so cute? He is. Trust me. 





Ray opened a new studio for TaeKwonDo, but he could not open it due to the COVID-19-related lockdown. Now it is open and he has been getting new students and old. A bunch of little kids were learning and practicing TaeKwonDo.


While staying at the Smith;s home, Kristin's primary job is to prepare and provide meals for Amanda and the family. Amanda has been eating well and thus recovering well. Eli seems to be growing fast as well. Eli was born on November 8 and yet to pass the first month on December 8, but I am grateful for his healthy birth and the healthy recovery of both Amanda and Eli.

We walked on a hiking trail around a lake once. It was pretty, but it is not in walking distance from home. So we had to get a ride. Well. We have decided to wait until we get our own car. While we were walking, I saw a bunch of birds but I could not tell what they are.


This stay is supposed to be temporary, but we have decided to buy a car so that we may use it not only in Dallas but also in case we have to travel to else where in the U.S. My search for a used car has begun. Stay tuned. - Jeffrey

No comments: