Wednesday, December 2, 2020

In Korea (II) After Departure from Chiang Mai (November 2020)

During the second week, I made a trip out of Chungju to visit several places: traveled to Seoul for a lecture and stayed in Ilsan for one night, in Osan for two nights, and at Hongdae for three nights. 

The lecture was for a dozen pastors and Christian scholars from Ethiopia, Uganda, Ivory Coast, and Naga Land, India. It was part of Global South Leadership Forum led by Dr. Andrew Kim. They showed authentic interest in learning more about BAM and I wonder where the Lord is taking this new found relationship.  







After the seminar, I went to Ilsan and stayed a night at Bongrae Lee's house. It was a joyous gathering with his family and our time spent together was delightful. Mr. Lee is a wonderful blessing to me personally and to the BAM ecosystem. 



I spent two nights at my mother's place in Osan and it was truly joyous to spend time with her and two sisters. I am deeply grateful for my mom's graceful aging, gracious heart, and good health. 




In the meantime, Amanda ended up giving birth to her first son Eli Jihoon about two weeks before the scheduled delivery date. He is my first grandchild! What a delightful blessing to welcome him to this world!



While I was staying at Holiday Inn Express, I took the physical exam at E-land clinic, primarily because of a tumor near my stomach. It seems to be not growing. 


After the exam, I ate some Korean Kimbab, Ddeokbokki and Odeng at a metro station. All three favorite foods in one shot.


met with Agape friends, 




met with Christine Kang, and Hyunsoo Kim's couple, after meeting an elder Yoo from Sarang Church about SaGA or Sarang Global Academy with Sam Cho.


processed the corporate administration work to renew the officership and directorship with SfK Korea. saw Joseph Choi, 

had a meeting with Rev. Jae Chul Chung and Mr. Shin at their new office in Mapo


had a gathering with the SBS Seoul group, 



had breakfast with KBM Global people,


met with Rev. Dongho Song at NOW Mission to sign an MOI for collaboration going forward. Afterward, we had lunch with Professors Yoo and Shin couple.


One of the major events for my visit to Korea this time was to hold the in-person board meeting with SfK Korea at Cconma's community room. Minyoung was a special guest, Sungsoo and Donghoon were new addition to SfK Korea's board. We also held the shareholders' meeting to elect Sungho Kim as the standing auditor to replace Chanjung Kim who desires to retire next March.












While I was staying at the Cconma's dormitory, Donghoon's mom prepared a few meals for my dinner. Her hospitality was greatly appreciated.

I had to take the KTX from Osong to Seoul, and an Airport Rail to Incheon Airport to stay overnight at a guest house to catch the morning flight to Dallas the following day.

During a rather short stay of two weeks, not counting the quarantine period, I was able to take care of a lot of matters, thanks to God's grace. - Jeffrey

No comments: