Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Stop Over at Incheon, Korea (December 2018)

On my return journey to Chiang Mai, I had to lay over at ICN for more than 12 hours. The layover time was not that boring because I was given the opportunity to fellowship with God's people.

I spent time with Pastor Peter Song and his wife Sharon over lunch and coffee. Our relationship dates back to 40 years ago when we served at OMC Senior High Department as teachers and also at the College Department where Pastor Peter served as Intern Pastor. It was a fond memory.

The Korean foods, Ssam Bab, was plentiful and delicious. I love Korean foods.



We accidentally found a cafe bakery with an ocean view. The view was panoramic and the coffee with some breads was just wonderful. Of course our fellowship was delightful. In particular, I was glad and grateful to hear that a potential cancer at Pastor Peter's pancrea was a false alarm. He has lost a lot of weight and looked slim and healthy.







I also spent time with Baekjae Kim and Wonjin Choi. Kim has been working as Incheon Station Manager for Qatar Airways for 15 years and Choi as Incheon Branch Manager for Aero Mexico. I found out that Kim was in a Sunday School class that I taught in 1978 and we had a reunion in 40 years in September 2018 in a car traveling from ICN to Sorak Mountain where KBM Global was taking place. They have since been part of SBS, Shalom Bible Study.

Kim provided a coupon to use the Sauna at Hyatt Grand Hotel. Apparently, Qatar and Emerates are using this hotel for their crew members.




 We had fellowship over snacks and coffee. I think they are delightful people whom God has been preparing to use for His Kingdom.


I am looking forward to what He has in store for them, particularly Kim who is in the process of applying to be one of several Regional Managers for Qatar.


Ferdinando Choi is interested in serving the victims of human trafficking.


I wish every layover would be like this pleasant and fruitful. - Jeffrey

No comments: