Friday, December 21, 2018

Atlanta, GA, USA (November 2018)

While Kristin was staying in New York City, I made a trip to Atlanta, Georgia.

The primary purpose was to spend time with SfK Kingdom Fellows. There are almost a half dozen important KFs including Sam Kim, SfK Life's board member and Treasurer, Koomin Chung, Director of Underwriting, Andy Sok, Director of Finance and Accounting, Tim Yoon, another accountant Kingdom Fellow and Young Ryong Yoo, a retired elder. Our gathering was productive and wonderful.



I was invited to stay at Koo's house. It is always joyous to spend time with Koo's son, Ryan who plays golf and an excellent student. He exhibited great confidence in whatever he does and he is so adorable. This time, Koo's mom was taking care of the breakfast for the family.


I met up with Nack Paek who founded and still serves as Chairman and CEO for Metro City Bank. The bank has been performing exceptionally well over the past decade or so. Whenever I see him, I thank him for running the bank so well. Our small investment in this bank has appreciated significantly. I now have to make a decision if I want to keep the stock as a stable source of income through dividends while appreciating or cash it out.


Paul Hyun got me connected with Bruce, who worked at CBMC for two decades. He now is teaching and training about leadership on his own. He gave me a several books and we agreed to explore the ways to minister together for His Kingdom.


I was asked to speak to a short term mission team at a Korean American Church, namely Shiloam Korean Church of Atlanta. This short term mission team is scheduled to go to Rwanda, led by David Cho who is a missionary sent to Rwanda by this church. Mrs. Cho is still fighting a cancer. The lecture about understanding Rwanda was also open to other congregation members and 25 or so people attended the 2-hour session. The seminar covered not only "Understanding Rwanda" but also "Responding to the Culture" "Worldviews" and "Values."






Separately, I had dinner with Pastor Shin, Yoon Il's couple and David Cho. Pastor Shin and I happened to enter Yonsei University in the same year.


David Cho introduced me to a couple who has developed many water solutions. They are still trying to figure out the right approach. We will see what the Lord has in store for this new relationship.


Koo and I had lunch with Jay Yoon, whom I know from my banking time in Los Angeles. He was working for Hanmi Bank as a Loan Production Office Manager.


I paid a visit to the tenant, Ms. D Batiste, of a brand new townhouse that we purchased several years ago. I got confused with another property and had a little funny episode, but the meeting went well. She was taking good care of the house. It is one of the houses we want to live in if we ever have to go back to the U.S.


Overall, the week-long trip to Atlanta was very productive. - Jeffrey

No comments: