Sunday, June 28, 2020

My mother's 90th birthday (June 21, 2020)




My mother was born on May 1, 1931 on a lunar calendar. In 2020, the lunar calendar May 1 fell on June 21, 2020. She turned 90 years old in 2020 because in Korea the life in the mother's womb is also counted and people become one year old the minute they are born. For an interesting example, if one was born on December 31 in the lunar calendar, one becomes one year old and the next day, the New Year's Day, one becomes two years old. In other words, a two-day-old baby becomes two years old. But, people celebrate their birthdays on the day they were born.

Because of the COVID-19, we could not travel to Korea, but my sisters and their children were able to have a small gathering to celebrate my mother's special birthday.

I made a short video clip to convey my and my wife's greetings to her. Also I combined their photos and video clips into one video that is linked below.

Click here to watch the video

Happy birthday, mom! May God keep you safe and healthy all the time! - Jeffrey

No comments: