Thursday, February 7, 2019

Kunming, Jinghong, and Lanchang Jingmai, Yunan Province, China (January 2019)

I had an opportunity to visit Kunming and a few other cities in Yunan Province. Seeing Mr. Song is always joyous and I had dinner with his family. Also I spent time with Mr. Park, Young Shin who operates Open Alley cafe and other roasting machine dealership. I also spent time with Mr. Yoo Jae Chul over lunch.




Mr. Park took me and one of his friends to a goose meat restaurant. It was an interesting experience.



It was encouraging to meet up with Nathan Chan and shared the vision together. I am not sure what the Lord has in store, but we will stay in touch.



Dominic mad an arrangement for me to meet John Mark who is his partner in a kindergarten project in Jinghong. He showed me empty spaces in a building near Kunming Train Station.


Jinghong (JHG) is a tourist town at the boarder and by the Mekong River. There was a six-nation floating market. It has a tropical weather and the atmosphere looked just like South East Asia.














In Jinghong, Dominic runs a hotel, namely Nissi Holiday Hotel with about 100 rooms. The hotel rooms had a panoramic view overlooking the Mekong River. We shared a lot of issues of common interest.








One evening, I had a fellowship with Dominic and his American wife Angie along with four young children at a night market. There, I saw Dominic in action, sharing the gospel to someone who claimed to have just been out of the prison and asked for one Yuan. He spent good 3-4 hours with him and sent him off with a bible.









We drove to Pu'er which is famous for Pu'er tea. There we met a pastor who runs a coffee roasting operation and also run eye clinic. Also, we met a group of believers from Hong Kong. I am not sure how things will develop, but I was excited to meet up these people.






After I returned to Kunming, I flew to Lanchang Jingmai (JMJ) to meet Tim Heinze. He runs coffee farms, one wet mill and exports green beans to several countries. His business may be exporting the most specialty coffee from China. We had a great fellowship and we agreed to get together again in April in Chiang Mai when they will travel to Chiang Mai to give birth to a new baby.

I followed Tim as he was traveling to the dry mill...











and the wet mill...








I stayed in Menglian, a small town. Tim spends a month or so during the harvest time with his family. His family was lovely. Tim's wife and one friend and another boy went directly home and I missed the opportunity to take his family photo, but I still took a photo with two of his boys.


It was a short but quite intensive and fruitful trip. Praise the Lord! - Jeffrey

No comments: