Thursday, February 7, 2019

Bangkok, Thailand (January 2019)

On the way back from Phnom Penh, Cambodia, I stopped over in Bangkok. The primary purpose was to spend time with Peter Lee of Sky Bay Thailand to discuss 2019 business plan.


2018 was a year of challenge for Sky Bay and caused a scale-back in operations. Its office has relocated to a small studio space where a sofa bed is used for my lodging. Realistic adjustment to life style and business management seemed like a right approach.

Also, I spent time with Peter Lee's family: Sungmin and Daeun. They are lovely.




Also, I met up with Charles with UN ILO. It was a reunion after 3 years. He has been very helpful in getting us the current training materials and he has also provided additional help with other tools.


I met up with Annie of Night Light to discuss the planned visit when SfK Joint Board Meeting takes place in Bangkok in February. Also, I explored the possibility of Night Light becoming part of SfK MBC. Later I sent her the Code of Conduct Certification.


By the time I finished my visit to Bangkok, I was getting seriously ill and I suffered for almost 10 days in Chiang Mai. Alas! - Jeffrey

1 comment:

Diwakar said...

Hello Jeffrey and Kristin Lee. I am a PASTOR from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your family and ministry through your blog post. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and pray for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you visit Mumbai, India and encourage the body of Christ and also encourage young people from your ministry to go on a short/long term missions trip to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward t o hear from you very soon. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede