Friday, September 28, 2018

Meeting BJ Kim, one of the students in my Sunday School class 40 years ago (Sept. 2018)


When I arrived at ICN in the morning on September 10. Wonjin Choi and JJ Jang were waiting for me. JJ Jang had just arrived from Manila and Wonjin Choi is working as ICN Branch Manager for Aero Mexico. On the way, we picked up BJ Kim, who is the ICN Branch Manager for Qatar Airlines.

While we were traveling together to Mt. Sorak to attend the KBM Global Gathering, the Lord gave me a pleasant surprise.

I was born again in May 1978 while I was teaching 3-4th grade students at one of the churches in Bokwang-dong, Seoul while I was about to finish up my military service. I had one month left before the discharge. I was leading the bible study for the students based on the story of Deacon Stephen depicted in Acts 6 and 7. He was a human just like myself but he was willing to die for Christ and also to pray for God's forgiveness for the people who were stoning him to death. Meanwhile I was a sinful Christian who could not even close to him in my faith let alone godliness.

I repented genuinely and committed my life to Christ. So I was indebted for my new life obviously first to Christ, second to Stephen, and third to the students in the class.

While we were discussing, I found out that BJ Kim was in the class which I was teaching during my military service and that helped the Lord transform my life and give a new life. His life. Eternal life. It was 40 years ago. God is amazing! He has helped me how faithful He has been with His grace and love.


During the 15-minute brief sharing time, he calmly shared his life journey. In his college life, he was bold in reaching out to the challenging nations, such as Rwanda post genocide, Somalia, Philippines. He was getting trained for greater ministry opportunity in His time.

Now he is 50 years of age and is leading people in witnessing Christ in the world. I am deeply blessed and profoundly amazed at His overflowing grace and meticulous design. BJ Kim is now being considered to take up regional responsibility. I sensed that the Lord has been preparing him for wonderful opportunities of serving Him and His Kingdom. I look forward to witnessing what the Lord has in store for him and what He will do through him. Praise the Lord! - Jeffrey

No comments: