Saturday, August 24, 2024

Osh, Kyrgyzstan (August 2024)


I traveled to Osh from Bishkek to attend the Joseph Project Summit. From this summit, I met many wonderful godly people and saw a greater vision that God bestowed upon me to serve the people in Central Asia and Eurasia, collectively called the Black Hole for the Gospel.


Since it was a provincial city, I did not expect much on the lodging and meals. But, we all had a pleasant surprise. The venue was a resor and the lodging facility as well as the meals were superb, beyond my expectation.







There was no natural hiking trail, but I found a walking pathway where I made repetitive laps to increase my walking steps early in the morning. The sunrises were beautiful.




When you attend a conference, the greatest joy is meeting people. One Korean American couple have been living here in Osh for almost 20 years. They are from Virginia. I am not disclosing their names for the security reasons.


The worship time was always blessing and joyous.



We made a visit to a few places to look at the projects that were under development including this small mobile unit where you can grow up to 160 layer chickens. They would provide approximately 120 eggs a day, which can be sold to neighbors in the village.
 


Another place we visited was a warehouse where the first Dutch Nature operation started. Now it is used to store feeds to be distributed in the south. The land value has gone up so much and the management is considering selling it to raise a capital for different projects.
 



Kostiya leading the initiatives


I met many people but I cannot upload all of them for the security reasons. This man is an American who is living and running a consulting business in Khazakstan.


This man is a farmer from California, who runs a tree operation.


These people inspired me. They live and serve in really tough countries to serve. May God bless them and protect them. I will definitely stay in touch with them.





We visited a sales proint that was built out of a frame of a 40-foot container with a 400 square feet. The owner sells a variety of Oasis Agro feeds and makes a net profit of $800. Not bad at all in light of the college-graduate earning around $250 a month. I was fascinated by the potential outcome out of using these units for various purposes.




We also visited a coffee shop owned and run by a Kyrgyz pastor. He is a PK who served in Ecuador Amazon jungle. His testimony was inspirational.







The Dutch Nature honored the founding leadership for their initial efforts and contributions. 


I have been in touch with Hans from the Netherlands for years, but it was the first time I met him in person. We have another project to follow up next year. I am looking forward to it.



These two brothers in Christ came from one of the five stan countries. A very difficult country. Our fellowship was encouraging to each other.



Micah is the Dutch Nature CEO. He is always an inspiration to me. His commitment, spirit, attitude, efforts all are great encouragement to me and many others.


Before I left Osh, I saw a Kyrgyz senior wearing the traditional hat. Beautiful and heart-warming to me.

This was my second-time participation and clearly God was calling me to do more in Central Asia. Lord, please show me the most effective way to serve them better. - Jeffrey

No comments: