Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Toronto, Canada (May 2018)



I made a trip to Toronto, Canada in May 2018 for the first time.

It was not for a personal pleasure, so I stayed at the hotel without any exploring outside the hotel. So, I have borrowed a couple of photos from Google.



I went there for multiple purposes, I went to attend the Ibex 101 orientation. It was informative and helpful in understanding how Ibex operates.

There was a general assembly in the evening. I was attending the event as a lender. The structure was somewhat complex, but not too complex to understand.

Also, I attended the 3-day advanced training on mentoring. I was able to learn a lot about how to develop the mentoring program for SfK.

All events were held without exposure to the outside. So I did not take any photo. Here is one photo I took with an investment banker from Texas.


Right after the Ibex events, FBA held its face to face board meeting over the weekend. We had a fellowship dinner and a whole-day meeting to develop future strategy for FBA.


The area where the hotel was located was Markham, a good distance away from the Toronto International Airport. Apparently, this area was heavily populated with Asian. I saw a lot of Chinese and some Korean stores.

The most exploration we had was walking to the restaurants usually away for 20 or 30 minutes in walking. The fellowship time with fellow board members of FBA was enriching.

My first time visit to Toronto was sort of boring, but nonetheless, I put my foot into this cosmopolitan city where more than 50% of the 6 million population was born outside Toronto. - Jeffrey


No comments: