Monday, April 30, 2018

Seoul, Korea (March 2018)


After our trip to Vietnam, Kristin went back to Chiang Mai, Thailand and I traveled to Seoul Korea primarily to attend the board meeting of SfK Korea on March 20.

SfK Korea's board meeting in March was significant because it formalized the addition of Bong Rae Lee to the board and the appointment of him to be Chief Information Officer. The board meeting progressed well. On the previous day, I got together with William Son and Bong Rae Lee along with Mr. Lee's team: Joong Hong Lim and Ji Yoon Bang. We had a bit of heated debate but the meeting was fruitful overall.


We had fellowship with Rev. Dong Ho Song after our board meeting. He leads the IBA, Korea's BAM platform. We should be able to develop synergy in our ministries.


I stayed at Minja's new apartment in Osan. It was convenient to visit with mom to stay at her apartment. Also, we spent quality time catching up with our lives. Minja is still going through significant transition in life and we shared our views on faith in Jesus Christ.

I had fellowship with Missionary Min Young Jung and his wife over lunch. It is always joyous to get together with him. After his retirement from service with Wycliffe, he is also going through transition. I pray that the Lord will walk with him, holding his hands, so that he may become a great example of missionaries who still thrive after retirement. I look forward to hearing more about what the Lord has in mind in Myanmar through ministries led by Retired Rev. Jung Gil Hong.


I spent time with Pastor Chang Sun Moon to fellowship and also to discuss how we may collaborate in serving the diasporas including migrants, one of strategic foci of SfK Ministries. Whenever I meet with him, I am delighted and encouraged.


I briefly met with Pastor Jae Chul Jung, one of the executives at E Land. He has given us two VIP cards for complimentary medical exam. I am grateful for his willing service. We shared our views on a few topics.

I had lunch with Minja and our mom before I left for Jung Eup where Elder Chan Jung Kim's new residence is located. It was deep in the mountain and very tranquil. We traveled to Gwangju together for his lecture for lay missionaries training program. But on the way over there and on the way back, we were able to fellowship. It was God's blessing to have him on board with SfK Korea.





It was a short 5-day stint, hence no get together with any friends. But I was excited about the next trip down under. - Jeffrey

No comments: