Thursday, February 8, 2018

Trip to Bangkok, Thailand (February 2018)


On the way back from Philippines to Chiang Mai, I stopped over in Bangkok to spend time with Peter Lee for Sky Bay Thailand.

I had a meeting with the new CPA, David Nam and Sky & Alliances, to discuss about the pending issue with the tax authority due to the previous accountant's incorrect filing of the data. I felt a lot more comfortable about his competency handling this issue and also handling accounting matters going forward.

I spent sufficient time with Peter Lee to discuss Sky Bay's 2018 business plan and a few strategic issues. One of the new business line was a licensing business and merchandising business in conjunction with a character called "Pangah." We will give a try to this merchandising effort in 2018. We had a meeting with a doll manufacturer to explore the possibility of join venture.



Also, I spent time with Peter Lee and his daughter, Daeun and later his son, Sungmin. They all have grown up well.


I had a get together with the graduates of SfK MBA Bangkok 2016 and Chiang Mai 2017, who are based in Bangkok. They all were making progress in one form or another. I sincerely pray that their efforts will bear fruit and produce significant transformation impact in the lives of people they serve.


Overall, my short stopover was necessary and useful. - Jeffrey 

No comments: