Friday, January 12, 2018

Chiang Mai - Fruits, Foods and Farewell... (January 2018)


My mother and my sister Minja left for Korea in the night of January 10th. Their six day stay was far too short, but we had quite extensive coverage during this period. Unfortunately, the night they left for Korea, Seoul's temperature fell below zero down to minus 13 degrees celcius. Until we see each other again, "Farewell!"

Our tour ended at Royal Flora Ratchaphruek, but on the way back home, we stopped over at Central Airport Plaza to taste some representative Thai dishes.

We tasted Pad Thai Kung, Tom Yam Kung and Song Tam. All these dishes are well known to foreigners, but probably Pad Thai is the best known, a stir fried rice noodle with shrimp. Generally, people like it. Tom Yam Kung is a sour and spicy soup with shrimp and vegetables. Many people like it but some don't. Song Tam is more authentic Thai than two other dishes. It is a green papaya salad with peanuts, red peppers, carrots and other ingredients. Song Tam could be prepared differently with many other ingredients, such as seafood and meats.

Song Tam
Tom Yam Kung



Pad Thai
Also, while I was not around, they tasted Thai tropical fruits. The fruits that they tasted were not exhaustive, but pretty well covered with papaya, coconut, mango, dragon fruits and avocado. Of course, they are on top of many other general fruits.






They thoroughly enjoyed foot massage that they received it almost everyday. They liked foot massage better than Thai massage. I am glad that they enjoyed it.


I was so grateful to spent time with my mom and my sister in Thailand. It was made possible because my mom has been kept healthy and strong to date at the age of 88. So I am grateful to God. - Jeffrey

No comments: